https://www.nuclock.eu/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Post_team2.jpg 200 499 Simon Stellmer https://www.nuclock.eu/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/nuclock-color-300x77.png Simon Stellmer2016-01-26 14:15:432016-03-29 16:17:06Upcoming conferences: Meet the nuClock people!
Upcoming conferences: Meet the nuClock people!
You would love to meet some of the nuClock folks in person? This is where you will get a chance:
DPG Frühjahrtagung in Hannover, Feb. 29 – March 04, 2016 (AMO physics)
- Mo, 11:00 MS 1.1 “Towards a nuclear clock: On the direct detection of the Thorium-229 isomer” by Lars von der Wense (Peter G. Thirolf’s group at LMU Munich)
- Mo, 16:00 A 7.5 “Performance and readout of state-of-the-art MMC detector arrays” by D. Hengstler (Christian Enss’ group at KIP Heidelberg)
- Thu, 15:15 Q 56.4 “An optomechanical interface bridging x-ray and optical photons” by Adriana Pálffy (MPIK Heidelberg)
- Wed, 16:30 A 30.3 “Metallic Magnetic Calorimeters for high resolution X-ray spectroscopy” by M. Krantz (Christian Enss’ group at KIP Heidelberg)
- Wed, 16:30 A 30.11 “Search for optical excitation of the low-energy nuclear isomer of 229Th” by Johannes Thielking (Ekkehard Peik’s group at PTB Braunschweig)
- Wed, 16:30 A 30.10 “Towards a nuclear clock based on 229Th: Internal conversion rates for Th ions” by Pavlo Bilous (Adriana Pálffy’s group at MPIK Heidelberg)
- Wed, 16:30 A 30.24 “Polar-maXs: Micro-calorimeter based X-ray polarimeters” by Christian Schötz (Christian Enss’ group at KIP Heidelberg)
Exposition of companies:
- Mo through Thu: TOPTICA AG, Gräfelfing
DPG Frühjahrtagung in Darmstadt, March 14 – 18, 2016 (nuclear physics)
- Mo, 14:30 HK 6.2 “Direct detection of the thorium-229 isomer: Milestone towards a nuclear clock” by Lars von der Wense (Peter G. Thirolf’s group at LMU Munich)
- Mo, 15:45 HK 6.6 “Using 233U-doped crystals to access the few-eV isomeric transition in 229Th” by Simon Stellmer (Thorsten Schumm’s group at TU Wien)
- Mi, 18:30 HK 45.10 “Prospects for an energy determination of the 229mTh nuclear isomer via IC electrons” by Benedict Seiferle (Peter G. Thirolf’s group at LMU Munich)
European Fequency and Time Forum 2016 (York, UK) April 4 – 7, 2016
This conference, held in the beautiful city of York, is co-organized by Ekkehard Peik (PTB), acting as Chair of the Executive Committee. Simon Stellmer and Georgy Kazakov of Vienna will also be around for a chat. See the conference webpage for more details.
Laser2016 (Poznan, Poland) May 16 – 19, 2016
Invited talks by Ekkehard Peik (PTB) and Iain Moore (Jyväskylä), more details on the conference webpage.
25th ICAP conference in Seoul (Korea), July 24 – 29, 2016
A number of contributions from the nuClock community, details will be announced at the conference webpage.